Antalya Toplum Koleji kitchen and dining hall; equipped with advanced technology, hygienic and high capacity, regularly inspected by food engineers and dietitians, offer meals suitable for the age and developmental level, while our canteens, where they can find products that comply with nutrition protocols, support the healthy eating environment of our students.
At Antalya Antalya Toplum Koleji, our pre-school and primary school students eat their meals under the supervision of their classroom teachers. The development of all our students is supported with breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks.
Special menus are created and provided for our students with special dietary needs, in line with the information given by our parents and the guidance of our school doctor.
The quality of the materials purchased and the fact that all of them belong to distinguished brands are indicators of the importance our school attaches to healthy nutrition.
In accordance with the "Hygiene Control Procedure" included in our ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System, the work and process steps in the kitchen, dishwashing room and dining room are carried out in accordance with the standards, and the health checks of our personnel are carried out periodically.
All of our practices are within the scope of the "Nutrition-Friendly School Project" carried out by the Ministry of National Education. Toplum Kitchen was deemed compliant with the rules of cleanliness and hygiene during the inspections carried out by the inspection staff of the "Provincial Directorate of Public Health and the Provincial Directorate of National Education" and was entitled to receive the "WHITE FLAG".
NUTRITION IN THE SCHOOL AGE PERIOD
What Are the Characteristics of This Period?
School age: (6-12 years old)
- Adolescent (transition from childhood to adolescence): Includes children aged 12-18.
- Children's physiological, psychological and social development is rapid.
- Behaviours that can continue throughout life are largely formed during this period.
- This is the period when they are most suitable for acquiring knowledge and gaining a habit.
- It is the most risky period for the development of adult diseases.
- In order to ensure rapid growth and development, the energy and nutritional requirements of children must be provided in an adequate and balanced manner.
The child who is malnourished and unbalanced;
- Its growth and development are affected, it becomes immune to diseases, it gets sick frequently, and its disease progresses severely.
- School success decreases due to absenteeism from school.
- Perception, attention and cognitive abilities are affected.
- To increase school success,
- To lay the foundation for future generations to be stronger and healthier,
- To improve children's cognitive abilities.